With the aim of improving the quality of support and educational material available globally on the topic of Life After Stroke, the World Stroke Academy, the Educational platform of the World Stroke Organization, invites you to participate in a free 60min webinar on the ‘Management of Post-Stroke Spasticity’. This webinar will be structured in 3 segments. The first one will introduce the personal experience of spasticity after stroke in a stroke survivor. The second will cover the topic of motor impairments and activity limitations after stroke and the third one will focus on the benefits of treating spasticity early.
This activity is funded by an unrestricted educational grant by Ipsen.
Prof. Christine Roffe (UK)
Topics and speakers:
- Spasticity after stroke: my personal experience – Diana Wong Ramos (Portugal)
- Motor impairments and activity limitations after stroke – Theodore Wein (Canada)
- Treating spasticity early: what are the benefits? – Richard Zorowitz (USA)
Date and time:
2 PM CET on 11th October, 2022
- Diana Wong Ramos - Portugal AVC – Uniao de Sobreviventes, Familiares e Amigos (Portugal)
- Theodore Wein - Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Stroke Prevention Clinic,Montreal General Hospital, McGill University (Canada)
- Richard Zorowitz - Chief Medical Informatics Officer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network and Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine (USA)
- Christine Roffe, Professor of Stroke Medicine, Keele University (United Kingdom)