This WSA webinar will be focused on the detection of atrial fibrillation in stroke patients. The faculty will analyze current evidence on long-term cardiac monitoring from randomized clinical trials and metaanalyses.
1. To increase awareness among stroke physicians and cardiologists about the importance of looking for atrial fibrillation in stroke patients.
2. To provide stroke physicians and cardiologists with up-to-date evidence on cardiac rhythm monitoring post-stroke.
3. To enhance discussions about future research needs in the field.
Chair: Dr. Marc Fisher (USA)
Topics & Speakers
Renate Schnabel – Practical approach on cardiac monitoring after stroke? (Germany)
Mira Katan – Biomarkers and AF detection after stroke (Switzerland)
Jason Andrade – Long-term monitoring and AF burden-associated stroke risk in the general population (Canada)
Luciano Sposato – Risk profile of different AF types in stroke patients (Canada)
Expert Panel Discussion moderated by the chairs
Lee Schwamm (USA)
Michael Hill (Canada)
Rolf Wachter (Germany)
Thalia Field (Canada)
Luciano Sposato – Closing and invitation to complete an online survey on AF diagnosis and management preferences (Canada)
Discussion and questions from the audience
Date & Time: March 27th 2023, 6pm (CET)
This webinar is sponsored by an (unrestricted) educational grant from Medtronic.
- Prof. Renate Schnabel, Interventional cardiologist and Professor in cardiology at University Heart Center Hamburg, Germany
- Dr. Mira Katan, Head of Stroke Unit, Deputy Head of Acute Neurology Chair of Research, Board Dept. of Neurology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr. Jason Andrade, Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Vancouver General Hospital and Clinical Assistant Professor at the Université de Montréal, Canada
- Prof. Luciano Sposato, Professor of Neurology and Head of the Stroke Program at the Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, London Health Sciences
- Dr. Lee Schwamm, VP Virtual Care Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Neurologist, Massachusetts General Hospital, United States
- Dr. Michael Hill, Professor for the Departments of Clinical Neurosciences, Community Health Sciences, Medicine and Radiology at the University of Calgary, Director of the Stroke Unit for the Calgary Stroke Program, Alberta Health Services, Canada
- Prof. Rolf Wachter, Director of Cardiology at the Clinic and Policlinic for Cardiology and Associate Professor, University Hospital Leipzig, Germany
- Dr. Thalia Field, Stroke Neurologist at Vancouver Coastal Health and Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia.
- Dr. Marc Fisher, Member of the neurology faculty at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School