Leon Stephen Edwards, MD, is a Stroke Research Fellow at Liverpool Hospital, New South Wales, Australia, Conjoint Associate Lecturer at the University of New South Wales (UNSW Sidney) and Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sidney.
In addition to his education in Medicine, he completed a Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW Sidney, with a Major in Information Systems Management and Business Economics. Leon is a member of the Health Care Reform Reference Group at the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and since 2021 fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians (Neurology).
His publications include:
1. Edwards, L., I. Ranasinghe, and D. Brieger, Evaluating the Performance of the Can Rapid Risk Stratification of Unstable Angina Patients Suppress Adverse Outcomes with Early Implementation of the ACC/AHA Guidelines (CRUSADE) and the Reduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) Bleeding Scores in the Australian and New Zealand (ANZ) Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Population. Heart, lung & circula-tion, 2012. 21: p. S250.
2. Edwards, L.S., et al., PREDICTING BLEEDING IN AN ACS POPULATION. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2013. 61(10_S).
3. Edwards, L., I. Ranasinghe, and D. Brieger, Predicting bleeding in an Acute Coronary Syndrome population, Royal Prince Alfred Patron’s Prize, 2014
4. Edwards, L.S., M.H. Barnett, and M.C. Kiernan, 113 Rituximab and maintenance my-cophenolate mofetil for treatment of refractory ANTI-N-METHYL-D-ASPARTATE-recep-tor (NMDAR) encephalitis. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2018. 89(6): p. A44-A45.
5. Edwards, L.S., G.M. Halmagyi, M.H. Barnett, et al. 091 Cerebellar oedema in fulminant adult leigh syndrome. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2019;90:A29
6. Edwards, L.S., M. Tchan, K.M. Crossley, et al. 128 Late-onset pompe disease(LOPD) presenting with fulminant hypercapnic respiratory failure. Journal of Neurology, Neuro-surgery & Psychiatry, 2019;90:A41
7. Blair, C., C. Tremonti, L.S. Edwards, et al. Case series: subacute combined degenera-tion of the spinal cord in vitamin B12-replete recreational nitrous oxide abusers. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 2019;90:A38-A39
8. Blair, C., C. Tremonti, L.S. Edwards, et al. Vitamin B12 supplementation futile for pre-venting demyelination in ongoing nitrous oxide misuse. Medical Journal of Australia, 2019;211(9):428-428.
9. Edwards LS, Blair C, Cordato D, McDougall A, Manning N, Cheung A, Wenderoth J, Cappelen-Smith C. Impact of inter-hospital transfer on patients undergoing endovascu-lar thrombectomy for acute ischaemic stroke in an Australian setting. BMJ Neurology Open 2020; 2:e000030.
10. Edwards LS, Halmagyi GM, Mallawaarachchi A, et al. Fatal cerebellar oedema in adult Leigh syndrome. Practical Neurology 2020;20:336-337.
11. L.S. Edwards, R.G. Beran. Lamotrigine — Interactions matter!. Epilepsy & Behavior, Volume 111, 2020.